omato is used in many dishes and is eaten like a vegetable, but it is more than a fruit. Also known as Solanum Lycopersicum, tomatoes are significantly an abundant source of lycopene; a carotenoid that is responsible for its color, and in addition, it is a substance that protects cells and tissues from early degeneration.
Tomatoes are composed of around 95% of water, and the remaining 5% is made up of fiber and carbohydrates. Usually, the fiber in tomatoes is insoluble on which it is in the form of cellulose, lignin, and hemicellulose. So, tomatoes are a good helping vegetable that provides fiber that promotes good digestion. Besides, not only the flesh of tomatoes are beneficial to our health, but also its seed. Let’s take a look.
See this also: Natural Remedies For Nerve Pain
Promotes Good Blood Circulation
Tomato seeds contain potassium that supports blood pressure. It is also responsible for the health of your heart. As a matter of fact, a high intake of tomato can help reduce blood pressure. Not only that, but it also maintains your bones and muscle to its good condition.
Improves Immune System
Tomatoes seeds contain an acceptable amount of vitamin C or ascorbic acid which is known for its potential in strengthening the immune system. It is also a strong antioxidant that protects you from harmful free radicals. Overall, it can provide you vitamins that protect you from common illnesses such as cold and influenza.
See this also: Deal With These Health Issues Bit by Bit With Beetroots
Fights Bad Cholesterol
Bad cholesterol intake is associated with cardiovascular disease. Studies found that high tomato consumption made a 5.9% total cholesterol reduction and surprisingly, a 12.9% LDL cholesterol. In addition, prior to the reduction of cholesterol, it also lowers the existence of oxidized LDL that causes an inflammatory response. Oxidized LDL is categorized as a harmful type of cholesterol.
Aids Healthy Digestion
As mentioned above, tomatoes contain fiber which helps our digestive system function with ease. As a result, it is recommended to include tomato in your diet regularly.