The first thing to do is turn on the oven to 400 degrees and wait for it to heat up, while waiting you’ll want to fill a pot with water and pour the sauce into a smaller pot with a lid. When the oven is preheated place the sausages on a foil-lined baking sheet and place in the oven for about 20-25 minutes. After the sausages are in the oven, turn the oven burner with the pot of water to high add 1-2 tsp of salt to the water. After the pot of water has started to heat place the lidded pot with the pasta sauce in it on another burner and have the burner set to low medium setting. Make sure to stir the pasta sauce every five minutes or less. Chop the peppers into long thin slices, but not too thin. When the water looks like it is about to boil place a pan on the stove and turn heat to high so as to sear the peppers. At the 20 minute mark check the sausages, they will likely need five more minutes but if they are cooked then remove from the oven and slice them. When the water is boiling pour your pasta of choice into the pot and stir, the pasta should take between eight and twelve minutes to cook. Make sure to stir the pasta often and check after eight minutes. Once the pasta is put into the boiling water, pour cooking oil into the now hot pan and place your peppers in the pan. We want to give the peppers a good sear maybe two to three minutes, once the peppers have a good sear, lower the temperature of the pan to low-medium and add the sliced sausages to the peppers and stir. Once your pasta is cooked turn off the burner and then drain the pasta into a colander. Pour the water drained pasta back into the pot and add the sausages and peppers to the pasta and stir. Now pour the pasta sauce over the pasta, peppers and sausage while stirring. Place the pasta into a dish to serve and grate some Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese over the dish and enjoy.
WATCH HOW I MADE IT:
- 5 pcs. Sausage, baked and sliced
- 375 g Penne Pasta
- 1 jar Pasta sauce (650ml)
- 2 pcs. Peppers
- 2 tbsp. Cooking Oil
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, for toppings
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Try to cook this too: Pancit Bihon – How to Make it
- Cook sausage in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While baking, prepare your other ingredients. Wash and slice your peppers. Set aside.
- Boil water and cook penne pasta according to the package instructions then drain.
- In another pot, heat up your choice of pasta sauce on a low medium heat setting.
- After baking your sausage, Slice it into bite pieces.
- Heat up a pan. Pour oil then put on to high temperature.
- When the temperature is already high enough, sear your sliced peppers when you have a good sear, lower the temperature and then put the sliced sausage. Cook the sausage and peppers together for a minute or two and then turn off the stove.
- Then mix your sausage and peppers into the cooked pasta, and then add your pasta sauce.
- Mix it around.
- Grate some parmigiano-reggiano on top.
- Serve hot! Enjoy!