- 4 cups glutinous rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 pack sugar cane hard candy (jaggery) (500 g) (optional)
- 2 cups brown sugar (add 2 cups more if not using sugar cane hard candy/jaggery)
- 8 cups coconut milk (or 4 cans coconut milk 400 ml each)
- 1 tsp salt
- Wash the glutinous rice then combine with water in a rice cooker or a pot and cook until the water evaporates (take note: rice is not fully cooked and water is less because we will still cook when we combine it with the coconut milk later)
- In another pot, put the coconut milk then add the sugar and sugar cane hard candy /jaggery and the salt and cook at a low temperature until the mixture thickens. Stir the mixture in between emphasizing the bottom.
- When the coconut mixture thickens, add the rice that is cooked then stir well and coat the rice with the coconut mixture. Cook until all the liquid is absorbed by the glutinous rice.
- Remove the cooked biko from heat and place it in a serving dish or tray and flatten it with a wooden spoon.
- Serve as breakfast with coffee or tea or as a dessert or as a snack.
DID YOU MAKE THIS? Share your creation on social media and tag @filcuisines_24. I will be so glad to see people make these great recipes at home and share them with their loved ones. Let’s cook, learn and the art of cooking together and don’t forget to share. You can also FOLLOW and LIKE us at KUSINANG PINOY on Facebook and SUBSCRIBE to our youtube channel FILIPINO CUISINES for you to get more great recipes.
WATCH OUR LATEST VIDEOS