- 1lb. ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs or 3 bread slices cut into small pieces
- 1 big carrot (diced)
- 1 big onion (diced)
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 hotdogs
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled, cut into 4 lengthwise
- In a mixing bowl, mix ground pork, eggs, flour, breadcrumbs or bread, carrot, onion, bell pepper, sweet pickle relish, ketchup, raisins, salt and pepper.
- Use your hands to incorporate all the ingredients well then set it aside.
- Prepare 4 pieces of aluminum foil to wrap the meat mixture. Cut it into at least 12 cm long each.
- Place half of the meat mixture into the prepared aluminum foil. Flatten it occupying just half part of the foil. On both aides, leave also at least 2 inches of space.
- In the middle of flattened meat, line the hotdog and the cut hardboiled eggs parallel to each other.
- Form the prepared meat into a cylinder or log by rolling it sealing the ends and keeping the eggs and hotdog in the middle.
- After rolling, close both ends by turning or twisting.
- Do steps 5-7 for the other half of the meat mixture.
- Get another aluminum foil and double wrap the wrapped embutido.
- Place the pork embutido in a steamer and cook for at least 50-60 minutes.
- Serve by slicing the embutido as it is or you can slice and panfry or broil in the oven.
DID YOU MAKE THIS?
Share your creation on social media and tag @filcuisines_24. I will be so glad to see people make these great recipes at home and share with their loved ones. Let’s cook, learn and don’t forget to share. You can also FOLLOW and LIKE us at Food Cravings by Filipino Cuisines on Facebook and SUBSCRIBE to our youtube channel Filipino Cuisines for you to get more updated recipes.
WATCH OUR LATEST VIDEO AND SUBSCRIBE: