- 2 pcs. tilapia fillets (cut into bite sizes) (about 0.3 lbs each)
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 pc bell pepper (any colour) cut into cubes
- 1 pc. onion (peeled and cut into cubes)
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits (drained) (optional)
- cooking oil
- 1 cup flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pc egg, beaten
- 1 cup pineapple juice (juice from the tidbits)
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar (can substitute with regular vinegar)
- 1/4 ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- Put cut fish in a bowl and add soy sauce. Mix and marinate for at least 30 minutes. Keep in the fridge.
- Put the beaten egg in a bowl and in a separate bowl put the flour mix with the salt and pepper to taste. Dip the fish fillets one by one in egg and coat with the flour mixture.
- In medium heat, heat a skillet and pour at least an inch deep oil. Fry fish fillets until golden and crispy. Turn it over once or twice to cook all sides and drain it in a strainer or on a plate with a paper towel.
- In another pan, heat oil over medium heat and add bell peppers, onions and pineapple tidbits and cook halfway through. Remove and set it aside.
- Mix the sweet and sour mixture in another bowl, add pineapple juice, vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar and salt. Stir well until well and then add cornstarch. Give another stir until well blended. Bring the sweet and sour mixture to a boil stirring constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Add the half-cooked peppers, onions and pineapple tidbits and cook for a minute. Then add the fried fish fillets. Stir and mix gently until the fillets are coated with the sauce.
- Serve hot over steamed rice and enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS? Share your creation on social media and tag @filcuisines_24. I will be so glad to see people make these great recipes at home and share them with their loved ones. Let’s cook, learn and don’t forget to share. You can also FOLLOW and LIKE us at KUSINANG PINOY on Facebook and SUBSCRIBE to our youtube channel FILIPINO CUISINES for you to get more updated recipes.
WATCH OUR LATEST VIDEOS AND SUBSCRIBE: