Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- lbs chicken wings
- 1 cup flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking oil ( for deep fry )
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1/3 cup butter
- 8 cloves garlic ( minced )
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- Wash chicken wings and dry it.
- Preheat a deep pot and pour oil and make it hot until 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Use thermometer if available.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in a bowl. Dredge chicken wings and tap excess flour.
- Deep fry chicken wings in the preheated deep pot. Cook it until wings is golden and crispy or until it float. About 8-10 minutes.
- Fry chicken wings in batches.
- Take the chicken wings out and put it in a strainer or plate with paper towel to remove the excess oil.
- To make the honey garlic sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan and saute the garlic. Cook at medium temperature until it is fragrant.
- Lower the temperature Add soy sauce and honey. Let it boil for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the slurry ( dissolve the cornstarch in the water). Add to the mixture. Cook the honey garlic sauce until it thickens and reach your desired consistency. Set aside.
- When chicken wings is ready, toss it in your honey garlic sauce.
- Serve it alone as appetizer or with your favourite drink.