Pork Adobo in Instant Pot
- 3 lbs pork (shoulder/belly, cut into cubes)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 2 pcs bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp whole peppercorn (freshly cracked)
- 1/3 cup water
- Using the inner pot of instant pot, combine pork shoulder, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, bay leaves and crushed peppercorns
- Set up the instant pot by pressing the saute function. Bring the pork mixture to boil for about 5 minutes.
- Press cancel. Stir the mixture and then add water. Put the instant pot cover and lock the lid. Put the valve to a sealing position. After setting up, press the pressure cooker and put to high and set the timer for 10 minutes. The timer will start when the pressure is already reached and the silver valve is up.
- After the 10 minute-timer is over, press cancel. Carefully quick release by putting the valve to venting position. When the silver valve is down, you can safely open the lid.
- Stir the adobo mixture to incorporate all the flavours. Add seasonings: soy sauce/ salt if it is needed. Press saute and let it boil and simmer until the sauce thickens until about 10-15 minutes.
- Press cancel. Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy over a cup of rice.
DID YOU MAKE THIS? Share your creation on social media and tag @filcuisines_24. I will be so glad to see people make these great recipes at home and share them with their loved ones. Let’s cook, learn and don’t forget to share. You can also FOLLOW and LIKE us at KUSINANG PINOY on Facebook and SUBSCRIBE to our youtube channel FILIPINO CUISINES for you to get more updated recipes.