Served during gatherings or fiestas, this classic Filipino stew is definitely one of the most famous Pork dishes in the Philippines!
Here’s how you can easily make a Filipino Style Pork Menudo.
Pork Menudo Filipino Style
- 2 lbs pork
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 lemon juice extracted
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water (add as needed)
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- 1/4 lb pork liver (sliced)
- 3 pcs hotdogs (sliced diagonally)
- 1 pc carrot (diced)
- 1 tsp sugar (white/brown)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pork, soy sauce and lemon juice. Marinate it for an hour in the fridge.
- In a skillet, heat oil and sauté garlic and onion until soft and fragrant.
- Add the marinated pork with the sauce and cook for about 6 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, water and bay leaf to the pork mixture.
- Boil and simmer for about 30 minutes to an hour or until pork is tender. Add water if it is needed.
- Add in liver and hotdogs and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, carrots, sugar, salt and pepper and cook for 8-12 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and transfer to a serving plate over hot steamed rice.