This is for you if you are a fan of rice which is already tasty and which has a little bit of spice.
Nando’s Rice Recipe
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 medium bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 chicken cube
- 2 cups uncooked rice (washed and drained)
- 4 cups chicken broth/stock (chicken cubes dissolved in 4 cups of water)
- ½ cup green peas
- Heat a skillet and pour cooking oil.
- Sauté garlic and onion and cook until onion is soft and translucent.
- Add chopped bell pepper. You can use 1 colour of bell pepper or half of each colour (green/red).
- Then, add paprika and turmeric powder, chicken cube and red pepper flakes. Stir well to incorporate the flavour well and until the powder and chicken cube is dissolved.
- Add the washed uncooked rice. Stir and cook for one minute.
- After mixing well, pour the chicken stock ( or chicken cube dissolved in water) into the skillet. Stir.
- Cover the skillet and simmer for 20 minutes at low to medium heat.
- Lastly, add the green peas (you can use frozen, canned). Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Fluff rice. Serve and enjoy with the family.